Coinciding with the Sultanate's celebrations of the Renaissance Day on July 23, and in continuation of the activities associated with the “iCommit” campaign, Public Authority for Electricity and Water(PAEW) in collaboration with the Photographic Society of Oman
, launched a Photography Contest named " Committed through Lenses ".
The competition runs from July 23 until August 25. The competition is centered around the idea of sharing the images that shows the core values of the water and reflect the importance of water and the necessity of preserving and promoting the culture of rationalization of water consumption.
Hafedh Ali AlHassni, Communications Manager at PAEW said:” This competition comes in continuity to the activities of the campaign “iCommit”, and aims to define the community on the optimal rationalization of water consumption and promote a culture of rationalization and change behaviors related to wasting water and supporting positive behaviors, in addition to seek highlight the identity of Oman and Omani people by human values and behavior.”
The opportunity to participate in the competition is allowed for all the residents of the Sultanate, during the contest period abided by the terms and conditions of the competition. The terms of the competition includes:
- the image should be reflective of the importance of water and the rationalization of consumption and conservation
- avoide images of the natural resources such as falajs, sea and wadis
- highlight the Omani identity in the images
- each participant can submit a maximum of 4 images
- pictures must be taken by digital cameras and digitally processed, with the non-acceptance of images captured by the phone cameras
- PAEW will own the rights to the winning entries, while retaining photographer has intellectual property of the image.
- All submissions to be made in high quality JPEG with atleast 300 DPI and 2000 pixels.
- Participant details such as full name in arabic and english, telephone number and a copy of identity card or passport.