Drinking water and electricity services are critical to the development of Oman. The Public Authority for Electricity and Water(Diam) provides high quality sustainable and reliable potable water and power services to all people in the Sultanate of Oman.
The Public Authority for Electricity and Water(Diam) is a governmental institution founded on 9th of September 2007 by Royal Decree No. (92/2007), under the requisites of two royal decrees, nos. (58/2009) and (59/2009) issued on October 11, 2009. Diam - The Public Authority for Electricity and Water is the regulator for the water sector in Oman. In contrast to the water sector, Diam's role in the electricity sector is limited to policy overview. In addition to this, Diam is also a direct water service provider, responsible for supplying potable water to all homes and businesses in Oman except in Sohar city and in the Dhofar governorate.
As part of its role, Diam is:
- Distributing water across the Sultanate of Oman
- Expanding through new projects to provide water access to everybody in Oman
- Building, operating and maintaining the water plants and networks
- Setting rules and requirements for water related activities in the country
- Approving and monitoring the technical specifications for water equipment and tools
- Encouraging the private sector to invest in construction, ownership, operation maintenance and development of the water & electricity projects.
- Be a customer oriented organization
- Achieve operational efficiency
- Be a world class utility
- Develop our human resources
- Sustainability and financial stability
- Increased network coverage
- Customer and employee satisfaction